LoyaltyOne Associates Give Back with 6th Annual CommunityOne Day
May 28, 2014
From building bikes for children to packing nutritious meals for the homeless, 1,500-plus associates at LoyaltyOne, operator of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are volunteering a combined 4,500 hours today with charities and organizations in the community as part of the company's annual CommunityOne Day.
Held annually in Toronto, Calgary, Montreal and several cities in the United States, May 28 marks the sixth consecutive year that associates have come together to help create healthier environments and stronger communities.
"Businesses have the power to create healthier environments and stronger communities," said Bryan Pearson, President and CEO, LoyaltyOne. "Giving back to the communities that we live and work in has been a defining part of the organization throughout its 20-plus year history. By setting a positive example, we hope to inspire others to work together and create positive change."
Associates are volunteering across a wide variety of charitable activities and organizations such as:
- Packing 1,000 kits containing essential items for Toronto's homeless community, to be distributed by charitable organization, Engage and Change
- Repairing cabins at Camp Horizon, a summer camp in Calgary tailored for children with disabilities
- Preparing nutritious meals at the Welcome Hall Mission, a charity with a long history of providing food, shelter and support to Montreal's homeless community
- Building prosthetic hands, with the organization Helping Hands, for amputees in 65 developing countries world-wide
- Charitable activities are also taking place throughout the United States in Chicago and Cincinnati.
Please visit for more information on LoyaltyOne's corporate social responsibility efforts.