AIR MILES Gives Canadians a New Way to Pay It Forward
août 06, 2015
Collectors and children's causes benefit through month-long initiative
Just in time for back-to-school, the AIR MILES® Reward Program is teaming up with its Partners – some of Canada's most trusted and beloved brands – to launch a new initiative that celebrates and gives back to children's causes.
Beginning on August 6, 2015, AIR MILES will launch the Better Bonus Event, which will give Canadians the opportunity to support children's causes across Canada, just by doing their everyday shopping. For every Bonus Mile a Collector gets using their Better Bonus Event coupons, AIR MILES will match that Mile, up to 10 million Miles and donate to children's causes nationwide.
As part of the initiative, Collectors can not only get a substantial number of Bonus Miles, which they can use for merchandise, experiences and more but will also have the opportunity to win one of four prizes that includes 50,000 Miles plus an additional 50,000 Miles that goes towards the charity of the Collector's choice. The Event is scheduled to run throughout the back-to-school shopping season, until September 6, 2015.
"AIR MILES is dedicated to giving back to our communities, and we are proud to help our Collectors be the catalyst for this kind of positive change," said Rachel MacQueen, Vice President, Marketing, AIR MILES Reward Program. "Together with our Partners, this new program will give Collectors a simple, but powerful way to give back to the children's causes doing great work in their own communities."
"We are excited to be included in the Air Miles Better Bonus Event. It gives Canadians a unique opportunity to support the young people we mentor, simply by shopping at Air Miles partner locations." said Karen Shaver, Interim President & CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada.
Select AIR MILES Partners have chosen causes that support children. This Event gives Canadians the opportunity to show their support for children's causes by shopping at the following participating Partners:
- Collectors who shop at Staples, Old Navy, Pharmasave, The Children's Place, AIR MILES Shops, Hilton, Marlin Travel, Transat Travel, Club Voyage, Voyages Transat, Rogers, Timbermart, Primus, United Van Lines, Budget, Kent, Good Year, Fountain Tire, Co-Op Atlantic, Nettoyeur Daoust, Craftsman, Irving, IRIS, Manitoba Liquor Mart, and online at Hearing Life Canada, Listen Up Canada and Independent Pool will be supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada
- Collectors who shop at Sobeys, Safeway, Foodland and IGA (Ontario and Western Canada), will be supporting the Sobeys Inc. Better Food Fund and their partners such as Free The Children and the Home Cook Heroes program
- Collectors who shop at Rexall will be supporting the Rexall Foundation
- Collectors who shop at Metro will be supporting the Green Apple School Program
- Collectors who shop at Lawtons Drugs will be supporting The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada
- Collectors who visit Shell will be supporting United Way Centraide
- Canadians believe in charitable giving, with a generous majority (90%) of the Canadian population planning to donate to charities this year1. AIR MILES is dedicated to helping support this spirit by offering rich Bonus Offers.